Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Vertitable Whirlwind of Activity

Handing out flyers, attending luncheons and forums, going door to door, coaxing supporters to show up for things, talking to the saints who are working on the absentee voter mail, talking to the treasurer, planning walking for later in the week, planning the sign waving, preparing responses to forum questions. That's just the campaign stuff. Cleaning the kitchen, cooking the dinner, doing the laundry, reading to James, playing blackjack with James (is this a suitable game for a 7 year old?) talking to Jim. Checking my work e-mail, checking my work messages, talking to my secretary, struggling to keep one of my cases from being snatched by another section in my absence. I'm still sleeping and eating, but haven't exercised since last week, unless going door to door counts, and I think it probably doesn't. But other than that I'm not really doing anything. How are you?

Meanwhile, volunteers are doing mailings to absentee voters daily, phoning voters, knocking on the doors of voters, e-mailing voters, trying to figure out places I should be going to meet more voters, pressuring their friends and family to vote for me and trying to get more signs put up. I simply couldn't do this without them, or without Jim & James.

No comments: