Friday, August 25, 2006

The local paper endorsed an opponent.

The Democrat’s error is in failing to see that their selection promotes an anachronism. Men make up 80% of the county court. My selection would bring my combined experience as a wife and mother, as a breast cancer survivor, and as a Navy veteran to the bench. Justice is not only the province of men over 50.

I, too, have many years of broad legal practice, from tax law to RICO to consumer law, and public and private practice experience. I have jury trial experience in both state and federal court, and am a Special Counsel in the Attorney General’s Office. I’m an honors graduate from Florida State’s law school, where I served as an associate editor on the law review.

I, too, have lived in Tallahassee for years, but I’ve also served in the U.S. Navy, and studied international law on a Rotary Scholarship. I, too, have served this community through church work, charitable board work, school volunteer work and pro bono work.

You can follow the direction of the editorial board and repeat the narrowness of the past, or you can vote for the future. I hope you will vote Lisa Raleigh for County Court Judge.

No comments: