Saturday, August 12, 2006

End Game

Just over three weeks until the primary. Even with the television and radio ads of my competitors, in going door to door I'm finding a majority of primary voters still don't know there's a judicial race. It's too late to change any part of the strategy, really, although I did have a crisis of faith yesterday, but I don't know what I thought I should do. The forums we've had recently were relatively poorly attended and were largely about the earned media that came from attendance. There are so many candidates that the speeches are limited to 3 minutes or so, and that means outside of a basic introduction, even voters in attendance know little about a candidate.

Even I, who have met most of the challenging candidates several times, cannot say that I have some significant knowledge of how well they would carry out their duties if elected. It's rather sobering.

No comments: