Monday, August 14, 2006

Another good day

I went to church Sunday morning with a very important person, and got introduced warmly, and when I stood up people clapped. After the service, the very important person stood in the vestibule with me and told people to vote for me and made people take flyers. It was extremely helpful to me, and probably got me a few votes, because people rely on other people to help them decide these down the ballot races.

I did do one non-election related thing today, which was see off a friend who is joining a convent. In this commercially driven world, it is like cool water to see someone chose something else, something productive in the broadest sense of the word. It was an extremely happy occasion.

Then I went door to door, and then attended yet another function where the candidates outnumbered the voters. When I got home, I felt like I'd done my part for the day.

No comments: