Sunday, August 27, 2006

Absentee Voters

The number of absentee ballots sent out broke 8000 this week, and the number of early voters was about 2000. We noticed as we went door to door yesterday (for hours, in blistering heat) that a number of people on the list had already voted. Statewide, low voter turnout is predicted for September 5. I had thought with two open County Commission seats and an open Superintendent of Schools seat that Leon County's turnout would be higher than normal, but normal is still pretty high for here. Even yesterday, probably half of the people I talked to were not aware of the judicial race, I don't know if this race can be called until it's over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your blog. It's interesting reading about an election from the inside.

I think you would be a breath of fresh air. You've got my vote and I'm encouraging others to do the same.