Thursday, August 03, 2006

Encouragement

Today I had lunch with a guy who has provided free advice to my campaign over the past year. We went over our plan for the next thirty days, and when I asked him for any last minute advice, he said that the plan was solid, stick to the schedule, I was doing all I could do. After lunch, I was standing in line to pay the bill, and a guy in front of me spoke to me about the race and I gave him a flyer (I was wearing my name tag, I'd forgotten I was wearing it). My advisor told me that I'd probably picked up another vote. And I realized how much I'd learned in the past year, and that the advisor had probably enjoyed watching me learn and watching me get better at campaigning.

Then this evening, at the first door I knocked on, a woman answered the door, and I told her my name and that I was running for County Court Judge. She said, "Oh, I got your flyer in the mail yesterday. I'm so glad you're here." It was, quite possibly, the single most satisfying moment of this entire campaign.

No comments: