Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tough Decisions

Direct mail has lots of requirements and it is costly. In exchange it puts your document in the hands of someone you can target, but doesn't guarantee that they'll actually look at it, or even see it if someone else brings in the mail. Television is dispersed, and many people who are not voters, or not voters in your area see it, but you pay for them anyway. So with television, you have to pay for a good deal of coverage you don't care about, but direct mail costs more per person. With very limited funds, I'm making tough decisions now, about how many people to send mail to, and how many times. I'm evaluating how many more doors I can reasonably knock on by election day, and where those doors should be. I remain cautiously optimistic, as I see daily signs of groundswell.

No comments: