Wednesday, July 12, 2006

55 days until the election

Part of me feels like I'm not overwhelmed because I've done so much ground work in the past year. Part of me feels that I'm not overwhelmed because I don't actually understand what's going on. Early in this process I read that you get 80% of your results from 20% of your effort, but it's difficult to tell which is the 20%. I continue to be amazed by the fact that we don't even have an accurate definition of effective campaigning. I was rather pleased by my signs, until I heard that there wasn't any data to show that signs do any good at all. One of my girlfriends recently saw an advertisement for someone who is running for county commission, but we don't actually know how or if that type of advertising works, either. So you create your plan, knowing how little you know, adjust for the budget, and make a decision about how you will try to inform the voters of your qualifications and ideals.

No comments: