Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Forum

These down the ballot races do not receive a lot of attention, so all three candidates were happy to be invited to a forum at the Republican Club that took place today. It was my first time hearing Ron Flury speak publicly, it was very interesting. The moderator said that all three candidates were very qualified, which is true, and with three litigators, every talk was well done. The talks were quite focused on qualifications and experience, and several people came up to me afterwards to say that they were impressed, which made me happy. I felt very strongly when I ran that it was important to have a range of voices in the campaign field, and hopefully on the bench. Based on the number of forums that I know we'll be invited to so far, less than 1% of the people who will vote in September will hear from all three judicial candidates in a forum.

No comments: