Thursday, July 27, 2006

Military Officers Association of America

Last night I was at the Military Officers Association of America dinner where Bobby Bowden was the speaker. It was essentially a full house, over 150 people were there at the Silver Slipper. There were 4 candidates there, but I was the only one that had previously spoken to the group so had better recognition. I was also the only judicial candidate, and the only person running for an open seat. Some people took signs, and five women took flyers to give to their friends or pass around at work. I am very lucky to have the support of so many people who have served their country. I also, shamelessly, tried to get Bobby Bowden to agree to give a flyer to his wife. The first game of the season is the evening before the election, but unfortunately it's out of town. Always looking for another campaign opportunity, oh well.

There was a Tallahassee Democrat reporter and photographer there. The photographer had the biggest telephoto lens I'd ever seen. At first I thought he was a protester holding a bullhorn.

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/NEWS01/607270314/1010

No comments: