Friday, June 23, 2006

How's the campaign going?

I don't have the faintest idea. More people say they've heard of me than three months ago, but I have a vague sort of impression that hundreds of people have heard of me, and I'm not really sure that's sufficient. Of course, three months ago, scores of people had heard of me, so things are improving. Today a complete stranger told me that he'd heard good things about me and planned to vote for me. My colleagues at work tease me mercilessly about polling, knowing full well that I don't have enough campaign money for that sort of thing. One of my worthy opponents does have enough money for polling and my girlfriend tells me he's seemed very happy recently, so maybe he's taken a poll and it says he'll win. But mostly strangers I talk to haven't heard of any us, say they haven't seen any signs, and give every appearance of not even knowing the race is on the ballot. I wish there was more opportunity to interact with voters, but there isn't, and the days are slipping by like sand in an hourglass.

No comments: