Friday, May 12, 2006

Qualified

Yesterday I went to the Supervisor of Elections Office to formally qualify to run for judge. I swear I signed enough papers to buy a house. It was the same experience, "Sign here, here and here, initial here, we'll give you a copy, you don't need to read it."

I was the last of the three to qualify, my file was all alone in the file drawer when I arrived on Thursday afternoon. My husband, Jim, was with me, and since my mum couldn't be here, my friend Claire Kelly stood in loco parentus. James, who is 7, declined to come, saying it would be boring. The staff at the elections office reported that another candidate brought his young daughter when he qualified, and that she was, in fact, bored, and turned over every item in the office while she was there. So perhaps it was just as well.

Before I came, the elections staff asked if I had called the media. The media is not interested in this race. It appears so far down the ballot, you have to turn the ballot over.

But I am, nonetheless, very happy to be on the ballot, and I'm going to frame one when this is all over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, congratulations on getting on the ballot. Even if you are tired, it sounds like you are having fun. Fight the good fight.
Cheers, GrahamS