Friday, May 19, 2006

Even I am amazed at how busy I am

Last night I attended the Air Force Association meeting, which was really nice because my neighbor, Don Coon, was awarded their science teacher of the year award, and now goes on to compete at the state level. I love going there because the people I meet there have such broad backgrounds. I talked to an accident reconstruction engineer, a retired diplomat, and a former U.S. senator's aide last night, and it was a typical evening there. Then this morning I stood at the Senior Center Expo for nearly three hours, handing out flyers and talking to people. This afternoon all judicial candidates had to appear for a training on judicial canons of ethics, which went as expected, except that there were some candidates from other circuits there, who were in Tallahassee today and couldn't make it to the seminars in their own circuits. I was pleased to meet Angela Ball, who is running for County Court Judge against a 22 year incumbent in Taylor County. Here is the difference in the sizes in our races. In the last primary, 4500 people went to the polls in Taylor County, and 56,000 went in Leon County. But tonight my whole family is going swimming, and then we're going out to dinner, and I'm so glad.

No comments: