Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Preparing to Go to China

For someone who was such a dedicated blogger for a year, the fact that I haven't posted since February seems sad. I have several friends that kept up with the whole election via blog. Now, I seem to mention the odd thing in passing and then drift away.

But going to China is different. I'm leaving next week to go to China, where I'll teach a summer course in English at the University of Nanjing. My son and stepdaughter are joining me, but Jim is staying home. It turns out it's just as well since a tree fell on our house last week, and we're currently residing in a long term stay hotel, and he'll still be there when we leave.

I took a Chinese language course this spring to try to get ready for this experience. My son has been studying Chinese for two years. My stepdaughter is going to rely on her good looks and charm. We are all in various stages of nervous anticipation.

1 comment:

tedhsu said...

Have a great time!