Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trepidation

We leave for China tomorrow. I have a long list, with nearly every item checked off, except that I haven't actually started to pack yet. I have enough drugs to start a pharmacy, flyers and maps to entertain my students, a camera, a computer, but nothing actually packed. There was a slight trauma today about UPS delivering a Chinese phrase book, escalating stress about a case which is either going to settle or go to court in the next couple of weeks, and I'm wondering what possessed me to sign up to go to China in the first place.
Sarah, who is 16, has been packed since the weekend, and has been cheerfully visiting with friends non-stop this week. James is having a James and daddy day today. I am dealing with the idea of a month without my spouse by refusing to think about it. Denial is under-utilized as a coping mechanism.

No comments: