Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Election Day

We've done what we can do, organized as well as we could, and Jim and I have no regrets. How do I feel? Okay. I feel okay, a little bit at loose ends, but okay. I'm happy I did it. Last night we entertained ourselves looking up how much my opponents had spent on the primary, each raised over $90k and spent about the same. Remarkable, I think, for a County Court Judge race. You would think for that kind of money people would have a real sense of what County Judges do, and what you look for in a judge, but the analysis has been truly superficial, and I suspect that even today a majority of voters will appear at the polls knowing little about the candidates.

The Supervisor of Elections here in Leon County is predicting higher than average turnout for today. We'll see. Several people have told me that low voter turnout would help me, but I don't know. I just don't know.

This morning I got a tiny bit of free publicity from NPR when they did a short piece on sign waving, and they had a quote from Terry Madigan, who gave tips for successful sign waving, and closed with a nice quote from me about name recognition in down the ballot races. And they said my name and what I was running for and everything.

Another person came and stood by the side of the road supporting another candidate and said she'd seen my flyer in the newspaper this morning and that she was going to vote for me.

No comments: