Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I loved my petitions

I had over 2000 of them and I loved them. I loved counting them, I loved seeing where all the people who signed them lived. I thought about all those people and why they would sign a petition for someone they didn't know, and whether they would vote for me. But I also loved turning them in, and looking forward to the next part of the campaign. I have a colleague running for the same seat and he and I often chat about our respective struggles on the campaign trail. Now I'm just waiting to hear if I've qualified to run. The Supervisor of Elections Office will pull 100 petitions randomly from the ones I brought in, and then check them to see if the names appear on the rolls and if the signatures match. If more than 82 do, I'm in. If more that 18 don't, they pull another 100, and try again. When I did my review, about 93/100 were on the voter rolls, but I don't have people's signatures, so I really won't know until they tell me.

No comments: