Monday, April 03, 2006

I love a Parade

On Saturday, James and I marched with the American Cancer Society in the Springtime Tallahassee parade. Jim was in charge of chauferring us to the start and picking us up at the end. It was very different from the Veteran's Day parade we marched in last fall. Instead of thousands of people, there were tens of thousands. It was fun, but less intimate. Oddly, I didn't see any of the local veteran's organizations in the parade, I don't know why. The weather was spectacular. I spoke with a couple who had just stopped in Tallahassee overnight on their way to visit their son in Winter Haven and I told them that 200,000 people were expected at the events. The wife said, "Yes, and it looks like 70,000 of them are in the parade." She was probably right. I saw Paula Holder and her husband and kids along the parade route, and Charlie McCoy and his daughter, and Nisha Vickers, but that was all the people I saw that I knew, and there were literally thousands of people there. James had a great time handing out beads and candy, and when we were all done, I was shot, but James wanted to go swimming.

No comments: